- “Activity-based costing breaks the traditional mold.” Graphics Network and Printing News. August 2003. 2 pp.
- “Aldine Inc. stays in Manhattan to serve ‘want it now' clients.” Printing News. January 19, 2004. 2 pp.
- “Anything less than perfection in print production amounts to waste, admonishes NAPL's Tim Dalton.” Book review of The Printer's Guide to Waste Reduction . Printing News. July 16, 2001. 2 pp.
- “Are trade associations in the industry effective?” Printing News. April 2, 1990. 2 pp.
- “Ask someone who's gone broke how you can stay in business.” Printing News. November 2, 1992. 2 pp.
- “Astoria Graphics strikes a win-win deal with Trinity to remain on Varick Street.” Part of ongoing coverage of the banishment of printers from lower Manhattan. Printing News. June 5, 2000. 3 pp.
- “Barter for goods and services without cash.” Printing News. March 2, 1992, 2 pp.
- “Be your own time manager, get the most out of your day.” Printing News. September 2, 1992.
- “Busy Manhattan newspaper printer crosses East River to spacious new home in Brooklyn.” Printing News. May 28, 2001. 3 pp. with photographs by BR.
- “Changes and benefits of the 1984 tax laws.” Printing News. November 17, 1984.
- “Companies' security can be safeguarded.” Printing News. October 13, 1984.
- “Con artists in the graphic arts.” (Two Parts) Quick Printing Magazine. April and May 1980.
- “Coping with the mad, mad business world [irrational bosses and customers].” Printing News. June 3, 1991. 2 pp.
- “Copyright infringement fear is burdening the copy shop.” Printing News. February 3, 1992. 2 pp.
- Cost Watch At Average Litho: A Case Study in Cost Reduction. First edition, 1979. Co-author with Charles Alessandrini. BR edited second edition, revised, 1984; reprinted 1987. 38 pp. National Association of Printers and Lithographers.
- “Digital design business practices help designers and printers get it right,” Book Review, Printing News. October 15, 2001, 1 p.
- “Don't let desktop publishing cancel small shop creativity.” Printing News. March 4, 1991. 2 pp.
- “End the year by getting rid of your obsolete hardware.” Printing News. December 7, 1992. 2 pp.
- “Everything you wanted to know about printing brokers–but were afraid to ask!” Printing Manager. June 1981.
- Forms Control Program. Co-author with Charles A. Alessandrini, National Association of Printers and Lithographers, 1977. A binder of camera-ready internal control forms for printing companies.
- “Four print buyers pull no punches counseling Metro printers for AGA.” Printing News. October 22, 1988.
- “Generous acts that win loyalty.” Printing News. December 17, 1990. 2 pp.
- “Give a book a new look and please a client.” Printing News. October 5, 1992.
- “How printers met the challenge of waste and spoilage.” National Association of Printers and Lithographers and American Printer. 1979.
- “How PrintNation.com plans to be the web superstore for printers.” Printing News. November 1, 1999. 2 pp.
- How to Establish and Implement a Plant-wide Safety Program. A monograph on the organizational aspects of a safety program. National Association of Printers and Lithographers, 1975. 24 pp.
- “How we beat spoilage.” National Association of Printers and Lithographers, 1978.
- “If we cannot work harder, how will we produce more? [pointers on productivity].” Printing News. August 3, 1992. 2 pp.
- “Information management for the printing plant.” National Association of Printers and Lithographers, February 1986.
- “Isn't it about time for a business bill of rights?” Printing Manager. January 1979.
- “Just enough paper, just in time, would make printers and publishers happy, experts tell APPM executives.” Describes “supply chain initiatives” in paper purchasing. Printing News. April 3, 2000. 2 pp.
- “Keep computer plans realistic.” Printing News. November 4 1991, 2 pp.
- “The long & short (runs) of self-publishing.” Feature on printers who specialize in short run books. 3 pp. Printing Manager. November/December 1992.
- “Management or leadership: you need both.” Printing News. May 6, 1991. 2 pp.
- “Management Plus award winners display the right stuff.” Printing Manager. March/April 1988.
- “Management's mid-life crisis: hazards of career plateaus.” Printing News. November 4, 1989. 2 pp.
- “Managerial burnout can lower your company's effectiveness.” Printing News. April 2, 1990. 2 pp.
- “Many paths lead to success with Management Plus winners [Company profiles.]” Printing Manager. May/June 1986.
- “Merge, sell, shut down or just keep on printing? AGC Forum helps printers determine their future.” Printing News On-Line. February 14, 2000.
- “The millennial yawn: Y2K comes as printers just keep on printing.” Printing News. January 17, 2000. 3 pp.
- “Mergers: they're relentless but not inevitably disastrous.” Printing News. October 7, 1989. 2 pp.
- “Metro area technology leaders make bold to go where few printers have gone before.” Printing News. April 3, 2000. 5 pp.
- “New versus used presses.” Printing Manager. November/December 1984.
- “New Jersey, Long Island printers face new area code confusion.” Printing News. January 3, 2000. 3 pp plus sidebars.
- “New York printing unions make offer to fight for a Big Apple printing district.” Printing News. August 9, 1999. 2 pp.
- “Off-the-shelf software for small graphic arts firms.” Printing News. December 3, 1990. 2 pp.
- “Overview of waste and spoilage in the bindery.” National Association of Printers and Lithographers and American Printer. July 1986.
- “PIA Manual points to need for more emphasis on safety.” [Book review.] Printing News. January 8, 1990. 2 pp.
- “The plus behind Management Plus [Profiles of award winning companies.]” Printing Manager. March/April 1987.
- “The press decision: web or sheet.” Three-part series, Printing Manager. May/June-September/October 1984.
- “Printers and controllers need a common language for better cost control.” NAPL Management Bulletin. 1978.
- “Printing buyers pull no punches counseling metro printers.” Printing News. October 22, 1988. A panel of printing buyers talks about buying in New York versus using out-of-town suppliers.
- “Quality remains graphic arts' missing ingredient.” Printing News. August 5, 1991, 2 pp.
- Reports to Management. A monograph on the use of Management Information Systems reports. Co-authored with Charles Alessandrini, c. 1979. BR prepared new edition for 1987 release by National Association of Printers and Lithographers.
- “Resistance to learning holds small printers back.” Printing News. July 6, 1992. 2 pp.
- “Secrets to success in battling waste and spoilage.” Printing Manager. September/October 1985.
- “Suggestion systems — a proven way to cut your costs while improving productivity.” National Association of Printers and Lithographers, January 1987.
- “Small printers have the edge in surviving the Nineties.” Printing News. January 6, 1992.
- “Take nothing for granted: certainly not the air you breathe.” A review of present concerns about indoor air pollution. Printing News. October 21, 1989.
- “Time management is the next frontier in productivity.” Printing News. November 18, 1989.
- “Wastewater regulations: another deluge of federal interference?” NAPL Management Bulletin March 1979.
- “We're drowning in printing [the printed word is more in evidence than ever.]” Printing News. September 7, 1992. 2 pp.
- “What will we print if people can't read: America's literacy crisis.” Printing Manager. September 1980.
- “When lying becomes business as usual, truth must serve as the business plan.” Printing News. June 7, 1999. 2 pp.
- “Why do small printers go out of business?” NAPL Management Bulletin.1979.
- “Why nothing works.” Printing Manager. May 1979.
- WorkPLACE Communications Course. A training course on basic language, reading and writing skills for the graphic arts workplace. Consists of student workbook and 500-page instructor's manual. Published by National Association of Printers and Lithographers, 1993.
- Meeting or Exceeding Customer Expectations. A monograph for graphic arts trainers reviewing dissertations, literature and resources on the topic of customer satisfaction. Published by Association for Graphic Arts Training, Rochester NY. 1992.
- “The printing industry's training crisis.” Printing Manager. two-part series, July-August 1981.
- “Sales or technical backgrounds — which should you seek in trainees?” Managing Print Sales. December 1990. 4 pp.
- “Can you be objective when you interview sales candidates?” Managing Print Sales. August 1985. 2 pp.
- “How to comply with wage-hour laws.” National Association of Printers and Lithographers. 1979.
- “How to hire a salesperson.” Managing Print Sales. March 1985. 4 pp.
- “Industry's nastiest secret: employee theft.” Printing News. November 5, 1990.
- “Job descriptions for marketing managers.” Practical Marketing for Printers June 1987. 4 pp.
- “Managing salespeople who have reached their career plateaus.” Managing Print Sales. Two-part series, October-November 1985.
- The NAPL Guide to Graphic Arts Job Descriptions. Co-authored with Don Merit. National Association of Printers and Lithographers, 1986. A comprehensive collection of graphic arts job descriptions.
- “New way to handle those delicate performance reviews.” Managing Print Sales. December 1985. 4 pp.
- “Sales or technical backgrounds – which should you seek in trainees?” Managing Print Sales. June 1986. 4 pp.
- “Sales training–the problem that won't go away.” Managing Print Sales. two-part series, November-December 1986. 8 pp.
- “Sales supervision — what you do and say affects sales force performance.” Managing Print Sales. October 1986. 4 pp.
- “What are the best incentives to offer salespeople?” Managing Print Sales. March 1986. 4 pp.
- “What does a marketing manager do? The need for job descriptions.” Practical Marketing for Printers. December 1990, 4 pp.
Version 2.0 Updated October 10, 2020
History of the Press
- Opus 300
- Wake Not the Dead!
- On the Verge
- Group 74
- Beyond the Rift
- Tales of Terror (2 vols)
- Tales of Wonder (2 vols)
- Tales of Terror Supplement
- Whispering Worlds
Barbara A. Holland
- The Holland Reader
- After Hours in Bohemia
- Selected Poems 1
- Selected Poems 2
- Shipping on the Styx
- Out of Avernus
- The Beckoning Eye
- The Secret Agent
- Crises of Rejuvenation
- Autumn Numbers
- Holland Collected Poems
- In the Shadows
Thomas D. Jones
J Rutherford Moss
John Burnett Payne
Edgar Allan Poe
- New and Recent Poems
- Island of the Dead
- Story of Niobe
- The Inhuman Wave
- Fatal Birds
- Pumpkined Heart
- Doll Without A Face
- Crackers At Midnight
- Gods As They Are, 2nd ed.
- Prometheus on Fifth Ave
- Things Seen in Graveyards
- Prometheus Chained
- Dr Jones & Other Terrors
- Trilobite Love Song
- Expectation of Presences
- Whippoorwill Road
- Poems from Providence
- Twilight of the Dictators
- Night Gaunts
- Wake Not the Dead!
- Pity the Dragon
- It Has Found You
- Autumn Symphony
- By Night and Lamp
Jonathan Aryeh Wayne
Jacqueline de Weever
Sarah Helen Whitman
- Joel Allegretti
- Jody Azzouni
- Boruk Glasgow
- Emilie Glen
- Annette Hayn
- Barbara A. Holland
- Donald Lev
- D.H. Melhem
- Shirley Powell
- Brett Rutherford
- Jack Veasey
- Don Washburn
- Poe & Mrs. Whitman